Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lucky...

In the past weeks I've been reevaluating my situation and I've come to the conclusion that I am very lucky. The debt that I got into was due to my own will and my own decisions. I have tons of student loan debt but that just means that I am bettering myself for the future. My husband and I only live off of one income for the time being...in a year when I graduate hopefully our situation will improve drastically. But most of all I consider myself lucky because I did all of this at a young age. I'm only 22 with plenty of time to correct my mistakes. I'm a firm believer that it is never too late to start on the right path--no matter how old you are. But as a young person in a lot of debt I have learned my lesson. After I pay off my debt I will, with any luck, never be in this situation again.

Also, because of my debt I am taking a stronger look at other aspects of my life. Not only do I want to build a nice emergency fund I also would like to purchase insurance to protect my lifestyle. In the coming weeks I will be investigating the best life and disability insurance plans for my husband and me.

This very uncomfortable place that I have gotten myself in really is a blessing in disguise. I truly hope that anyone else out there with loads of debt can view it as an open door to a new life. Debt is no way to really live.

No comments:

Post a Comment